Startup sucks: It’s really disheartening when your highly ambitious startup starts losing all it’s shine gradually!
But, have you ever thought why? Why after doing so much planning your startup is losing all its glitter & why your dream startup sucks to be a successful one?
Believe me or not but it’s the fact, we always want to hear about success stories or about those people who are highly successful because they grab all the lime lights.
But the truth is very harsh; many start-ups even die in their conceptualization stage, if you look at the real scenario.
Sometimes, many promising startups also get lost in the high tide of competition in the market. But we can’t let these go like this, we have to think why it actually happens.
So today my agenda is to bring those reasons sure/ probable, for which your startup sucks to become successful.
I can boldly tell you that a startup sucks due to some prominent reasons. What are those reasons? You are curious right? So, here are the answers.
- You had become over enthusiastic: For that you have overseen some very common loopholes which could arise in future & that arose in reality.
- You were too much obsessed about a certain concept: It happens; many times we become so much obsessed about a certain idea that without proper study of scope we jump on the bandwagon.
- Your idea is closely related to someone else’s: There is nothing wrong to be influenced/ inspired by some idea, but for your startup what the value you have added. If not, then your startup will suck.
- You are one man army: You have quality human resources on board but you never listen to anyone else’s opinion, that’s a big issue. If you think that you are always right & there is no need to listen anybody then you are doing a big mistake.
- You have passion but lack of vision: Passion is not enough; if you don’t have vision then it will be really tough to swim in the fast stream of startup ecosystem.
- You don’t give real importance to the quality resources: In many small companies I have seen that they always try to execute their tasks with low-end resource. Remember one thing, high quality output demands high-end compensation (high-end resources).
- You don’t have a proper financial strategy in place: Without this how will you continue what you are doing in long run. What will be your cash flow.
- No benchmark or standardization of your product: As a tech startup the products you are developing, need to follow any general standard or there should have a benchmark set, otherwise how you can even think that your product is as per standard with your competitors.
- You totally neglect User Experience part: But it’s the biggest selling point of any product that may be any software, app , website or any other products. If the user experience sucks that’s the biggest setback for your product.
- You are less bothered about your product’s branding: If the products branding & overall packaging is not up to the mark, then how can you even think of going in the market because there is a proverb in Hindi, “Jo Dikta Hai, Wohi Bikta Hai”.
- Your marketing process is not up to the mark: The way the buying pattern is changing globally with that the marketing field is constantly evolving with newer medium & strategies. If you still think that your old school methods are enough then you are wrong. Evolve with time.
- Your startup sucks because you only care about money not value: And if you can’t add value through your products or services then it’s of no use. Because what value your product is adding, that will be your product’s USP.
- Your client handling is very poor: Yes if your clients are not satisfied, if they don’t get proper support on time, then how can you expect that you will survive in long run.
- You can’t say “NO” to anyone: Let’s say you are software service provider, which develops custom applications. Suppose at a specific point of time your hand is full of other works but as one very close person requested you to take a project so you have taken that. But have you ever imagined how will you continue with all these? So, learn to say NO in proper time & in a proper way.
- You have lack of patience: After planting the seed if you start expecting of getting fruits quickly then will it be ever possible? No. So it’s equally true for your startup, from day one if you start thinking about profit then due to lack of patience all will be hampered.
- Be single-minded: If you think that let’s start working on multiple ideas and then whichever becomes successful you will stick with that. If your attitude is like this, then I am sorry to say that none of your idea will ever stand because you are disillusioned, not focused to a specific thing/ idea, which is the foremost requirement of being successful.
- You ran behind money, not your passion: If this is the matter then immediately stop running, you will never succeed because in hard times if there is lack of passion then it will be really tough to survive.
- You should be the mirror of your own self: Never start anything by seeing someone else. If you want to see then at first look into your inner self, you will get the answer.
- You can’t trust anybody: If you think that all will be in your control then very soon you will be sick. So start believing others and create your own team.
- Don’t rush, move slowly: It’s not the exam of your school, here you need to be slow and steady to win the game.
- Dream about it (with eyes open), feel it, have belief on it & enjoy it (the ride).
That’s all. So I think I am able to make you understood the reasons of why many startup sucks to be successful in spite of having a humble beginning.