Q&A (Question and Answer) sites like Answerbag, Yahoo! Answer, Quora have really opened a huge window of opportunities to bloggers/ writers. Your blogging journey can be far more enriching if you know how to use these sites properly. Now a days, the popular Q&A sites are not just a simple answer board where you just ask your question and get answers, it is far more social with lots of added features and advantages. Now by joining Q&A sites you can get expert’s advice on your problem or you can be an expert by solving others problem, socializing and connecting with like minded people who shares same interest. So these are not only just Q&A sites, They have become social Q&A sites.
To my point of view it is really a fun place for openly getting or giving knowledge. And If you are a blogger and your motivation is to share your knowledge through your writing then you must join these type of social Q&A sites. Not only just join but participate there freely and actively in whichever section/ category you like , If you like technology then participate in technology related discussions or if you are a designer then take part in your own chosen niche. So whatever you like, the main benefits of Q&A sites are in their diversity.
Now in the mean time you must be thinking what is my actual point in saying all these. Don’t worry I am coming to the point. Here in this article I want to share some of the benefits of using Q&A sites and how these sites can help you if you are a blogger or writer.
So here are the reasons of why you should join and actively participate in these social Q&A sites and how these Q&A sites can enrich your blogging journey:
- Getting an all round answer: When you are in the universe of blogging, lot’s of question may arise in your mind from different situation. Those may or may not be related to your own domain. It is not possible to get all the answers in a specific book. So these Q&A sites are the best medium to get your answer. In this sites you get answer from different people with different perspective. Ultimately you get an all round answer with all consequences. Which enrich you with a complete knowledge.
- Gaining knowledge by Sharing: One of the main reasons for joining in Q&A sites is sharing your knowledge and expertise. If you are a Writer or blogger then this can give you a huge benefit. You can polish your knowledge because whenever you are giving answer of someone else’s problem then you should have adequate knowledge on that matter. So before giving the answer you need some sort of research and thinking on that specific subject. May be the question is on your domain but Having knowledge on something and sharing that knowledge with someone is not same. When you are solving someone else’s problem then you need more polished knowledge, there should not be any gaps or misconception. In this way you will also gain a more solid knowledge on your subject matter and you will find many new problems or situations that you haven’t faced before. That will help you in writing more in depth post for your blog.
- Building confidence: By sharing your knowledge and solving problems of others you will gain a boost in your confidence because confidence is the key factor for blogging and it comes from your knowledge. You can only say something confidently if you have enough knowledge on that because you know that what you are saying is right. So try give more insightful answers on different problems in your domain, and increase your knowledge. It will give you a big confidence.
- Creating authority: At first tell me authority means what? When people will you consider you as the authority on something? It’s not so heavy let me simplify it. When you have a solid knowledge on something or you have a solid command on some subject matter and you can confidently solve problems in that subject then people will consider you as a authority on that subject. How this can be possible? How people will consider you as an authority on something? By spreading your voice and expertise. If you solve questions of others in your field in a continuous way and if those peoples are really benefited by this, then gradually you will gain your loyal followers who have a trust on you and your voice. This way you can generate your own voice or authority.
- Source of inspiration: Q&A sites are such places where you will find discussions ranges from Software to soap opera, from food to fashion so you have a huge window of inspiration is open in front of you. So you can get so many different types of inspiration for your writing. As writing is a very creative process so you need some sort of inspiration before writing on something. The places like Q&A sites are the best one for getting it.
- Generating traffic: Now a very crucial aspect. But at first give answer of this simple question. Why people will visit your blog and when people visits your blog? It’s your unique voice or authority for what people will come to your blog and It’s when people know you who you are, your identity then people will visit your blog. So in above mention points I have shared how you can build your voice and authority. By doing this gradually your identity will build up. But it needs a lot of consistency and hard work.
So focus on the core and everything will be automatically solve.
If you are a blogger and aspiring to create your unique identity then join these types of Q&A and start learning, sharing, interacting.
If you have found any more helpful reason of joining Q&A sites then share with us.