For my upcoming website I have already bought a premium theme, so do you think I need developer support for any reason?
If you ask me then from an experts point of view I must say that you need developer support though you have purchased a theme.
Because purchasing a theme is not the end! Lots of work needs to be done after that. For which to some extent you need help of a technical person if you are not so.
It’s true that nowadays there are so many advanced CMSs are available & for every CMS you will get ample amount options of premium themes.
Purchasing any of those with some tweaks & customisation you will easily be able to make your site ready in a far lesser time.
But remember, don’t take this phrase “tweaks & customisation” lightly. If you are a technical person as I have mentioned & belong from a development background then it will not at all be a problem for you.
When it’s not, means for a totally nontechnical person who has no prior idea of design & development or anything related to website, to him/ her it’s an arcane thing.
So as an experienced guy in this field I will definitely suggest you to bring a developer on board before you taking such a decision (buying Premium Theme).
You will need a developers support every now & then.
Now the question is why! Why am I insisting you constantly to have a developer on board although you are buying a premium theme for your upcoming site?
No I am not insisting you at all from any sense. I am just trying to make you understood why is this so important?
So let’s find out!
I am giving you some conditions or asking you some questions, from these you will automatically realise why it’s needed/ need developer support.
- You have bought a theme but do you have any knowledge or experience of working on such kind of platform for which the theme is?
- Let’s say you have all the section wise content ready but if you need any customisation, will you be able to do it?
- Lots of complexities are involved there, so will you be able to handle all the difficulties?
- Following technical documentation you can proceed but even to follow that & implement the workarounds mentioned there you need a solid grasp of that framework/ platform.
- Are you a self learner otherwise when you are on your own, you may not get someone for help except theme’s documentation, which I have mentioned.
- Lets say you are a novice and not associated with this field from any aspect then what’s your action plan.
- Have you thought, how will you proceed step by step accordingly?
- Lets say you are a technical guy but you may not know that specific platform on which the framework is built upon. Then?
- May be the time is too short & you are new in this vertical, so to educate yourself and overcome all hiccups you may need more time. Then?
- You have a specific kind of requirement which needed to build a custom module separately, which is not a part of the theme. As a beginner will you be able to handle it properly?
- So, ask yourself do you have any expertise on that technology. If yes then fine otherwise think twice.
- May be you have some basic experience, but during development & after that in integration stage there may arise a lots of complexities.
So you have to keep in mind all the consequences then only take any decision whether you need developer support or not.