Through Science for Social Good initiative IBM is planning to give some path breaking solutions to some of the biggest challenges of this planet.
To make the successful collaboration between AI & Human Brain, IBM Research has started a fellowship (Science for Social Good) program, through which Graduates & Post Doctoral Fellows will get an opportunity to create/ innovate something path breaking for the humanity with the help of some smartest technologies under the guidance of leading Scientists & Researchers from IBM’s T. J. Watson Research Center.
You must have heard about IBM’s Watson Supercomputer & it’s prowess, right? If not then please follow the link to know more.
Now this new initiative from IBM is a pairing between Watson’s Deep Science, AI & Cloud Technologies with Brilliant Human Minds to find out solutions for world’s biggest challenges.
When the entire world is shaken with the impact of AI (Artificial Intelligence) & its dominance, IBM has taken a great strategy where human brain in collaboration with AI technologies will solve the biggest issues of our planet.
IBM already ran a pilot project on the verticals like, Global Development, Humanitarian & Healthcare related problems on 2016. So they have already taken a step to test its viability in the real environment.
The power of Watson Supercomputer has already been praised by the global citizens. One of the significant achievement of Watson was, how it saved a 60 years old woman from Leukaemia last year in Tokyo.
Apart from that it has also been claimed that for Cancer treatment it’s AI system is so capable that it’s recommendation can be as good as any expert Human Oncologist.
So backing on the prowess of Watson, IBM has planned to spread its goodness for several Global issues like emergency food supply, predicting the rise of different infectious diseases & many more.
Here is some of the Current projects under Science for Social Good initiative,
- Fighting with Current Opioid Crisis or Opioid Epidemic. A burning issue which arises due to the use of prescription & non prescription Opioids in the US.
- Planning & predicting the rise of several infectious diseases.
- Finding best possible ways of Food Supply in emergency situations. Because Emergency food supply is really a vital factor in the time of natural disaster & calamities
- The way we human beings are overusing energy, to stop that there is a project which will influence human behaviour for energy conservation &
- Creating an open platform for all Scientific Innovations.
So IBM is totally geared up to fight with some of the significant global crisis situations with its Science for Social Good Initiative.