Just 3 days back (on 11th Nov) China’s grand Shopping day, also known as Singles Day is over!
But it ended up with a bang on a highly positive note! This year’s singles day have given us some astonishing facts & data from business’s perspective. Especially from E-Commerce business’s landscape.
You will be stunned after listening the total amount of money spent in just 24 hrs on Alibaba’s Marketplaces.
After knowing you will be start thinking where we/ our country’s E-Commerce business scenario is actually standing. Where we are compare to them.
Single’s Day in China is just like the Cyber Monday & Black Friday sales of America. But it’s much bigger than both Black Friday & Cyber Monday combined.
Now it has already been proven from the total amount of money spent on that occasion and many other mind-blowing facts.
So today in this piece I have compiled 10 such astounding facts which will help you to get the real picture. Now lets find out what are those!
- US $23.4 billion spent in just 24 hours! Yes, in just 24 hours, not in a month. Just in a single day this massive amount of money has been spent.
- Much bigger than Cyber Monday & Black Friday combined! As per the report of Tech In Asia, this years Single’s Day turned out 3 times bigger than two of the America’s biggest selling days combined.
- 1 day’s sales volume is bigger than India’s 9 months of E-Commerce shopping! Ha ha, quite shocking. Right? But it’s the truth. While India is expecting to see a certain volume of online shopping during 2016, China has achieved that same volume in a Single Day through their Singles Day! What an Irony.
- Mobile devices have outpaced Desktop in term of sales! From the report it has been seen that Mobile Platforms have totally outpaced the Desktop in terms of total sales volume.
- Around $14.6 billion sales have come from Mobile devices! Yes it’s the actual sales figure from Mobile devices. So from this it’s pretty clear that towards which platform our e-commerce ecosystem is heading.
- In 2016 China’s total online shopping volume is expected to be US $911 billion! Check out this figure & think where we are standing in terms of competition. Are we in a healthy position at all?
- It’s just 2% of China’s overall anticipated Shopping Expenditure via online this year! Don’t get too overwhelmed by this sales figure of Singles Day. It’s just the 2% of this years total shopping expenditure which is anticipated.
- The total amount of money spent here is greater than Afghanistan’s estimated GDP of 2016! A Single Day’s shopping volume when exceeds a country’s GDP in a year then it really matter a lot. That’s exactly what happened here.
- Alibaba’s sales figure has again showed who is the global E-Commerce Leader! From these data it’s quite clear that who is the leader of E-Commerce frontier.
- As per the prediction, China’s E-Commerce market will touch 1 Trillion mark in 2017 from sales aspect! If it happens then it will be the biggest milestone achieved in E-Commerce business.
So what are you thinking after knowing these record breaking figures? Let me know your feedback on this.