Who? Me? I am a Social Media Addict! How can you say so?
Wait wait, I am not saying anything. Just giving you a complete checklist, if most of the points mentioned here are true for you then it indicates that you are a total Social Media addict.
So just give it a read at first, then you decide whether you are addicted to it (Social Media) or not!
Somehow we all are more or less love to use Social Media but that’s not an addiction, addiction is something different.
When any behavior crosses a certain limit or threshold that becomes an addiction. I am talking about this kind of behaviour.
Because nowadays I have noticed, there are many people mostly the youngsters to whom social media is their oxygen & each every moment they breadth with it.
Wherever they are, whether in a friend’s birthday party or any relatives marriage ceremony or in any other situation, Social media is becoming their support system.
But the main problem is if anybody becomes a Social Media addict, it can only be rectified by that person’s inner sense & knowing it’s side effects.
It’s a totally different topic which I will exclusively cover in another article. But today I will totally focus on the signals which signify/ indicate that “You are a social media addict“!
- 24x7 you are live/ active on different social media channels from early morning till mid-night. Don’t you think it’s a long hour?
- You have to always express your opinion on every update that comes in your Social Media feed.
- Not only that, you never ever miss/ forgot to update a single good moment of your life (in most of the cases) over there.
- You friends/ the people in your connections are getting frustrated by the number & frequency of your updates. Your updates are flooding their feeds.
- None of your friend’s updates are left in a day on which you haven’t commented, liked or expressed your reaction.
- Even during the bedtime also you can’t leave it. You always keep the phone nearby of you so that it’s easily accessible.
- You never make your phone silent specifically the notification sound by thinking if any of the Social Media updates got missed.
- Even when you are in deep sleep, for any slightest sound of notification you wake up & give the reply.
- You don’t even spare the shower time.
- If no notification comes in every few minutes you get frustrated from some kind of loneliness. Although there are many people around you.
- In a social gathering also instead of socializing, you just stuck with the virtual world of Social Media in a corner.
- You have gone to watch a movie but instead of focusing on that you are doing other things like updating your status, taking & sharing selfies/ groupies on Social Media etc.
- You are a Social Media addict because you can’t even leave it for a moment even if you are in a dating with your loved one.
- Tomorrow is your exam but your attention is not there, rather you are busy in your virtual world.
- Even when you are in Gym for the workout, you can’t put yourself away for at least 30 mins from this.
- You have left your other interesting hobbies due to this.
- Even you don’t have the time to help for necessary works in your home due to this addiction.
- During the lunch or dinner time also your focus is totally on the screen of your phone, instead of food.
- You have stopped hanging around with your friends. although you meet with them sometimes but physically not mentally.
- Becoming forgetful by nature is also another symptom.
- The last one is, you want to leave it but you are getting dragged by it.
So after reading all these 21 signals you must have understood whether you are getting addicted to Social Media or not.
Now tell me, if have you have become a Social Media addict then how are you planning to get yourself out from it?
I am not saying you to leave it because it’s (Social Media) highly helpful in many ways but you have to maintain a proper balance. If you can do this, there will be no problem at all.
In my next article, I will bring some light on how you will be able to reduce this habit gradually.
Till then stay with us let me know your opinion & experiences via comment.