Have you ever really thought, what is actually required to start an E-Commerce store?
Nope it’s not only about Technology, it’s a full-fledged business. So what are you thinking from business’s perspective to make you E-Commerce Store a buzzing roar in the community?
I see most of the people only focuses on technologies but boss what about business. Because nowadays Launching a small E-Commerce site is not at all a big deal by using any popular open source CMS.
Those all CMSs come with core structure & basic functionalities which are needed to set up & run a simple E-Commerce Store. On top of that you can customise to add your specific requirements.
Now the question is, your site is ready but what is your strategy to push it in the market. You can’t just expect as you have launched the site so thousands of people will drop by for purchase products. Right?
So starting an E-Commerce Store is not only about developing the site but it’s much bigger. You have to understand the whole picture. Here start means from business aspect how will you roll it?
For sometimes lets keep aside the Technology part and concentrate on the business end. What points we have to keep in mind when planning to launch a new E-Commerce Store in the market.
So check these out first. What are mostly required to start-up your E-Commerce Venture in the market.
- Identify your niche first: Without scaling down your areas you will never be able to succeed in the market. Because there are already many big players who are catering everywhere. So don’t try to compete with them. Ask yourself, what’s your niche?
- What’s the differentiating factor: What’s your differentiating factor from your competitors? When you scale down your areas of offerings you will be able to find it better. Otherwise starting another clone of some other ecomm venture will be a total time waste. So how your customers will differentiate you from others?
- Having proper Launch Plan: How are you planning to launch it in the market so that it will become a buzzing roar all around the corner. Have you strategized anything yet regarding the pre-launch & post-launch matters. How you are going appeal your targeted audiences?
- Your expansion plan: In the beginning it will not require but you have to make the plan ready. It means you have visualised your business 5 years ahead of time. Otherwise when actual load will come & increase gradually you will find no way due to the lack of proper planning.
- Be concerned about Tax & Financial matters: When you are selling products or services across the geographic barriers then you must have to consider the financial & tax related complications. Otherwise it can be a huge headache afterwards, so keep a plan for it to side by side from the very beginning.
- Security concerns: When money transaction is happening through your platform then security is a top concern. So take every possible measures to make your site bullet proof. Your users should feel 100% safe when they will transact any amount of money through your platform.
- Infrastructure shouldn’t suck: When you are running any e-commerce storefront many infrastructural points you have to look after regarding the storage space, backup, performance, load balancing, scalability & other aspects. Initially you may not have a huge budget for setting up a superior infrastructure but you should have a clear plan to scale it up whenever required.
So these are some crucial things what I think you should keep in your mind apart from all technicalities when you are starting up your own E-Commerce Venture.