If you are a blogger then pre publishing carries a great importance to make your blog post more worthy. How ? Then lets start the discussion.
What is pre publishing:
You are quite confused right? Because you have heard about pre realease, pre order, pre production etc but what is pre publishing? Is it a new phenomenon in the publishing world? Not quite. It is the accumulation of some basic but crucial works before publishing your post. If you are still not getting the point & thinking what actually it is then keep patience, all your questions will be answered.
Actually pre-publishing is a quite big process consists of several sub processes including proofreading, editing, rechecking your post etc which you need to perform before publishing the post. If you have written a great article then you should perform all these steps.
So in one line pre publishing is the process in which you give your article a final touch.
Why you should perform this process before publishing your post:
At first let me give you some very basic examples, suppose you like to cook food and always experiments with new flavors & spices. So when you make a completely new dish, do you serve it immediately without testing it? No you check it’s taste and other related things then add if anything is missing after giving the final touch you serve it. Right? Let’s take another example when a publisher publish a new book does the publisher publish it without any editing or proofreading or checking other stuffs? Never.
So why do you take a chance to your blog post because each and every post is a new experimentation & the reflection of blogger’s thought. After all when you have given your heart & soul to your new article then why shouldn’t you take care some extra measures to make your blog more worthy. Because some silly mistakes can harm your image.
Now I will give you the exact reasons of why you take pre publishing seriously & what are the facilities you can get from these:
- Refining the overall approach: How you approach a particular subject plays a very vital role. because it is the unique thing which makes your post more worthy to the readers. So my point is after writing a post read it thoroughly to check the overall approach & the exact message you want to convey. If it is conveyed or not. If you fill to rectify some areas then rectify it before publishing.
- Language & grammatical mistakes: Grammar of a language is the raw materials. So take care of these If you reader finds frequent spelling errors, different grammatical mistakes or unstructured languages then ultimately he will loose his patience to read the entire article. Take it from your point of view, suppose you have started reading a blog post with your interest and you found out lots of spelling mistakes, grammatical error even some line are quite not understandable, how will you fill? Do you read it further That’s the case. So after completing each & every post take your time and check, fix all the errors. A small error can be harmful.
- Ease for your readers: If your article is easy to read and understand then automatically it will grab the attention of readers. Nobody is there to stay the whole day in your blog. Keep focus on this. Make it easy and very simple to your readers.
- Taking care of overall design: Design including alignment, proper formatting, layout are very important from the user experience point of view. so , check these before publishing. Because good user experience always attract readers.
- On page optimization factor: The most crucial aspect after writing a great post is the optimization. May be you have written a great piece of post but if your article is poorly optimized then all you effort gone in vain. So take care all of the following on page optimization factors: proper keywords, keyword density, headline, url structure & length of your article etc.
- Getting a readers perspective: It is another very thing that you can get in pre publishing process. Get someone except you, may be one among your friends or family & tell him/ her to read your post and give you the feedback. It always helps because remember you are the author, you have your view based on which you have created this article. So most of the time we overlooked some very simple things what a reader can easily point out. So adopt this step before publishing your post.
So these are the measures that you need to take care. Now what is your point of view on this? What are the other technique you follow for before publishing your post?