Yes it’s true! The biggest Solar Power Plant of the world has been built in a small town Kamuthi in Tamil Nadu!
This all new facility has got the Crown of “Biggest Solar Power Plant of World” by excelling in many parameters from its immediate competitor, Topaz Solar Farm of California.
This ambitious initiative of Adani Group, has given our country a significant leap towards the mission of giving power to 60 million homes by the year of 2022.
This 648 Megawatts facility has the capability to power more than 150,000 homes!
Though a long way to go before achieving the goal of 2022. But this Solar Power Facility of Kamuthi has positioned India in a significant height of Global Solar Energy Producing Countries landscape.
Not only from total output, but from many aspect this new facility has superseded the prior World’s No 1 Topaz Farm, CA.
Now let’s have a comparative analysis between these two Leaders in Solar Energy production field!
In which areas the facility of Kamuthi has outpaced Topaz?
- Kamuthi Solar Power Plant
- Total Output: This grand facility has the capability of generating 648 megawatts of power.
- Total Number of Solar Modules deployed: 2.5 million Solar Modules have been used.
- Area taken: It has taken 2500 acres of land
- Total Costing: To build up the entire facility $679 million has been spent
- Other Components: To make the facility functional 6000 km of cabling is done with a large numbers of Inverters (576) & Transformers (154).
- Total Time taken: The entire project took approx. Eight months to complete.
- Topaz Solar Farm
- It took around $2.5 billion fund and approx Two years of time to build the entire facility, which is much more than what our Indian facility has taken from both aspect Time & Money.
- This facility can generate upto 550 megawatts of power
So from that above mentioned facts & data it seems very clear that why Kamuthi Solar Facility is getting considered as World’s biggest in all aspect.
You can watch out this amazing episode of Nat Geo Megastructures to get the background story of World’s biggest Solar Power Plant.
How Adani group has transformed a simple Panchayat Town of Tamil Nadu into a hotshot Energy Center of the world.
It’s also being expected that after this breakthrough, India will take the 3rd position for having World 3rd largest Solar Market.
If the growth rate continues like this, then that day is not far when India will hold the Top Rank for having biggest Solar market.