Believe it or not but over thinking is a big obstacle for many bloggers/ writers. Have you ever spend a long hour by thinking for writing a single post and at last it remains unfinished. Don’t worry you are not alone, there are lots of people like you.
You know why most of the blogs don’t succeed, although they had a good start? It is due to over thinking. Because over thinking is such a problem which slows down posting frequency so after some times your blog gradually starts to sink in the ocean of blogosphere due to the lack of your frequent posting. Because if your blog is a river, then content is the water of that river. If water gets dried out then how the river can survive.
Now you must be confused about what over thinking is? So stay with me.
Over thinking: A complete brief:
When we think about something excessively without proper direction or aimlessly, that’s called over thinking. Still not clear? Let me give you an example suppose you have decided to write a brilliant topic about PC gaming vs Console gaming. Ok? For this topic you should generally write about different pros & cons of both the systems with your added flavour means your own experience including what you prefer and why. Then It will be a well shaped article. Instead of this if you think about other details which are completely unnecessary in this discussion then you are already out of the main track. Not only you, even your readers will start to feel disillusioned after some time.
You know for what this is happening? Some times we give so much pressure on thinking that the relevant points slip away. And as a writer if you are not focussed then how can you show a proper direction to your readers. Here you are playing the role of a search light for your readers. They have come to you for searching some things but if you are lost in your own thinking then all will go in vain.
So now one question may arise in your mind that shall I stop thinking deeply. Nope I am not stopping you to think deeply. I am just asking you to think in a proper direction.
Because you can only write a great article if you have thought out a great idea . So be thoughtful, be a perfectionist or bring such amount of deepness in you writing. But stay away from unnecessary details. Or in my language I say it Over Thinking.
How over thinking can hamper your continuity? Ultimately how it can sink your blog:
Remember people will only come to your blog again and again if they find fresh and frequent posts. And if you waste your time just by thinking haphazardly and not able to come up a concrete post then days will past one by one and no change will occur to your blog because there is no such things that your reader will be attracted to. So ultimately your existing readers will not be interested to visit your blog. In this process your blog which is your ship full of ambition, emotion will gradually sink.
But still you can save your blog from sinking. here I am sharing with you some easy tips & some effective techniques from my personal experience.
My way to overcome this problem:
- Always be single minded. Means never think about multiple topics in a single time. It jumbled up your thoughts.
- Stay sharp: Put away unnecessary details because these can make you distracted from your real objective.
- Believe in your own vision: When your are writing on a topic don’t think about how your writing will be perceived by others. If you think this after writing each and every line then this will add an extra burden on you. So keep believe in your own thought.
- Point out key areas before writing: Create a flowchart like thing with your key areas that you are going to cover. If you follow this then no unnecessary thinking will block your thought process.
- Final note: Writing is creative process which comes from the natural flow of your thoughts. So in this respect my suggestion will be keep your mind open, stay focused, don’t take extra pressure and keep blogging.
Now what? No more suggestions from my side. It’s your turn just start writing by keeping aside all of those not so necessary thoughts.
What do you think about this? Let me know.